Monday 23 May 2011

Dabangg Was Rejected: Malaika Arora Khan

While filmmaker Arbaaz Khan fought in the industry for 15 good years, he has not once been the wife Malaika Arora Khan has lost faith in her husband. "I knew he had the ability to spot talent and I trusted his feelings. I knew one day he will do as a filmmaker, too, but I never could imagine that would be struck platinum with its first project company itself, "says Malaika.

She admits that the script for Dabangg, which has now received a National Award, was rejected by several filmmakers before it landed in the lap of Arbaaz. She said that everyone around Arbaaz, including its suggested he not go ahead with the film.

"Yes, Dabangg as rejected. Everyone said, 'You're crazy! The script is new, the author is a newcomer, you should not go ahead with it. "While I was doubful if it were valid or not, but was convinced that Arbaaz will make the right investment," he says.

Malaika Arbaaz Asked if he thought the film would work or not, Arbaaz had asked her to trust him. "He asked me:" Do you trust me? "I said that I trusted him blindly. Since I knew what was coming was a great film. For the moment there was the first promo, I knew we had a big hit in our hands. When he was just released, we knew that superhit. But it is now known as cult films (trade), as the biggest grossing movie all time, "says Malaika.

Although Arbaaz said he was not under the pressure of audience expectations, Malaika says she feels it. "Munni was my best song so far. I feel the pressure to deliver a suite hit, but Arbaaz not feel any pressure," says Malaika.

comments: 0

Post a Comment