Tuesday 3 May 2011

Big Stories And Technology Covering Stories That Cover A Large News


Every time there is great news, there will be little time after a series of stories about the good news is covered / broadcast / broadcast by the media and technology use and live in our daily lives. It is as if a new cycle of any important news coverage was created. In fact it is "as if." That's exactly what happens.


This past weekend was certainly full of great news. And the Royal Wedding and the killing of Osama Bin Laden the big story, even if tracks are very different. Since the coverage has been written about how social media and technology allows them to watch or to leave the royal wedding news Bin Laden began to crack. And of course, when there is big news these days, Twitter has a key role behind the case. Some point to the tweet of Defense Don Rumsfeld's former chief of staff that really the news that Bin Laden is dead.


old media and new sources (Twitter, blogs, Facebook, etc ...) will probably argue about the importance of the respective platforms in the years ahead when it comes to "breaking news." In my opinion, technology has advanced to a point where I think the mass dissemination of news are faster, but I'm not sure if the speed itself is so much faster. While more people hear about the news before and it spread faster, but I think the spark of a story that still works on the same base speed. While chaos that comes with the latest news is just as messy, if not more.


It is interesting to read about this from Bryce Dot VC called Ten Years of Innovation highlighted One Night. As a writer I had the most news from TV and radio ten years ago, had first-hand, or if someone called me with the news that they had heard. In fact, what happened on that terrible morning, 9 / 11 When I was coming from my car to come to my office, my wife asked me to tell me that the plane flew into the first tower. Before I even got to my office, I called the news of the second machine and the second tower. At that time, was based on two sources, updated information. One of these sources, updating web pages as fast as I could, the other was a radio. I remember us all sitting in the theater listening to the radio in the morning for any new news for us.


Sunday night, my wife and I have not had television. We were watching a movie, if for Netflix. She could not have suggested an imminent presidential address to my new smartphone was inevitable if not ring with an update of a news source that was about to happen. So he went to Netflix and cable news source and Twitter. Both have been a communication on the same information (one wonders who's the chicken and the egg that is) until the news finally broke. Before the news, I sent text messages to my sisters and some friends. About half were aware something was up, the others had not heard anything. Speculation has spread everywhere, and as we see today, a lot of detail expected is modified and extended now that things have settled.


Breaking news is always a moving target to be defined, and always will be. There will always be monitored and enforced after the big story breaks. But I think it is interesting in relation to the fact that 10 years is that the core level attacks horrible news of 9 / 11 and the death of Osama Bin Laden, so basically I reached through the network of some kind. E 'substantially different than the messengers passing back and forth to the cities and villages in the news, telegrams, or passing along the wires, or phone calls or reading your Twitter feed.


But I always come back to this smartphone as Netflix /. Last year, when there was Netflix streaming (or any other source for this type of entertainment), which would have been alerted by an analysis of the TV screen or a network anchor talking head missing to give us the news that there would be new . This time, probably spent a happy night of sleep after the movie was over if I had not created such alerts smartphone. But again, I bet someone in my family or network of friends who have picked up the phone and call. So let me believe that multiple emission sources for this type of news is a good thing. Once again, I think the author of the piece that link above is correct that these changes occur gradually and almost imperceptibly seem to evolve.


No doubt we live in an exciting time. I have curiosity to know how the audience has changed with the new technology. Tell us in comments. What do you expect? Or do you have? For example, I know through a local Twitter as I am able to receive traffic alerts better than my travel plans of leaving and returning from work on occasion. This information has been available before, but I have a faster access to it now and that helps me choose my road to go to work.


Tell us your thoughts.

comments: 0

Post a Comment